April 5, 2010 in City

Firefighters unable to revive dog after house blaze

The Spokesman-Review
 
Map of this story's location

Fire in the entry way and living room of a northwest Spokane home was put out by firefighters Sunday night, but efforts to revive a dog inside the home were not successful.

Firefighters used a special canine oxygen mask in an effort to revive the dog following the 9:30 p.m. call at 1707 W. Augusta Ave.

Engine No. 3 was the first fire crew on the scene, and the firefighters used their pre-connected hose to knock down the fire while other engine crews arrived. Three people living at the home were not hurt. The American Red Cross was called to help the occupants with emergency shelter and belongings.

The cause of the fire, which led to about $25,000 in damage, was under investigation.


Thoughts and opinions on this story? Click here to comment >>

Get stories like this in a free daily email