Slash fire may have spread
Multiple units from Kootenai County Fire and Rescue and the Hauser Lake Fire Department responded to a two-alarm barn fire in Post Falls this afternoon. The fire was reported in the 3400 block of Lark off Corbin Road just after 4 p.m.
The two story barn was fully involved when firefighters arrived, said Kootenai Fire public information officer Jim Lyon. It took crews about 20 minutes to extinguish the flames. “It’s basically smoldering hay now,” he said.
The barn was about 150 feet from a home, which was not damaged. The cause of the fire has not been officially determined yet but firefighters first on the scene said a slash pile fire may have spread to the barn, Lyon said.
sponsored According to two 2015 surveys, 62 percent of Americans do not have enough savings to handle an unexpected emergency, much less any long-term plans.