Five finalists have been named as candidates for chancellor of Community Colleges of Spokane, including the current chief financial officer.
They candidates are:
• Don Doucette, senior vice president and provost, Ivy Tech Community College, Indianapolis, Ind.
• Eileen Ely, president, Western Nebraska Community College, Scottsbluff, Neb.
• Christine Johnson, special assistant to the provost, University of Colorado, Denver.
• Linda McDermott, chief financial officer, Community Colleges of Spokane.
• Luke Robins, chancellor, Louisiana Delta Community College, Monroe, La.
“At this point, we feel confident a new chancellor will be in place on or near July 1,” said Greg Bever, Community Colleges of Spokane Board of Trustees chair.
The current chancellor, Gary Livingston, will stay on for the first two months to help with the transition.
Livingston, 62, said he intends to spend time with family, travel and remain involved in several local organizations. He has been chancellor at CCS since 2002, and he was superintendent of Spokane Public Schools from 1993 to 2001.