April 27, 2010 in City

Fire damages recently opened restaurant in Cheney

The Spokesman-Review
 
Map of this story's location

A small fire Monday night damaged the attic and wall of a recently opened restaurant in Cheney.

Smoke was spotted coming from the Droopy Dawg, 28 W. First St., about 11:30 p.m., said firefighter Bill Dennstaedt.

Eighteen firefighters from Cheney and Spokane County responded to the blaze, which was located inside a wall. The small fire burned upward and sent smoke into a finished attic storage space.

The main level of the restaurant was not badly damaged, Dennstaedt said. No injuries were reported. The restaurant was unoccupied when the fire broke out.

The fire’s cause is under investigation.


Thoughts and opinions on this story? Click here to comment >>

Get stories like this in a free daily email