April 28, 2010 in City

Fire damages Cheney restaurant

The Spokesman-Review
 

A small fire Monday night damaged the attic and wall of a recently opened restaurant in Cheney.

Smoke was spotted coming from the Droopy Dawg, 28 W. First St., about 11:30 p.m., said Cheney firefighter Bill Dennstaedt.

The fire was located inside a wall. It burned upward and sent smoke into storage space in a finished attic.

The main level of the restaurant was not badly damaged, Dennstaedt said. No injuries were reported. The restaurant was unoccupied when the fire broke out.

The fire’s cause is under investigation.


Thoughts and opinions on this story? Click here to comment >>

Get stories like this in a free daily email