Mourning TV character deaths of 2010
It proved impossible to rank the beloved characters that died on TV this year, so we are respectfully listing them in alphabetical order.
• Amy (Emma Bell) on “The Walking Dead”: Didn’t you scream “Nooooo!” at the TV? We did.
• David Hale (Taylor Sheridan) on “Sons of Anarchy”: Uh, that came out of nowhere.
• Ida (Randee Heller) on “Mad Men”: Bert Cooper said it best: “She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the 37th floor of a skyscraper. She was an astronaut.” No one answered a phone quite like Miss Blankenship.
• Jin (Daniel Dae Kim) on “Lost”: The series’ most heartbreaking death of the final season. Ultimate sacrifice.
• Marlene (Phyllis Sommerville) on “The Big C”: We were so upset when the show went there, but we understood the move later. Still, we will miss her very much.
• Renee (Annie Wersching) on “24”: Jack Bauer finally gets to have sex and minutes later his girlfriend is shot by a sniper. Man, it sucks to be Jack.
• Sayid (Naveen Andrews) on “Lost”: Another self-sacrificing moment, but the romantic hero went out in a big way.
• Sun (Yunjin Kim) on “Lost”: Watching her drown with her husband still brings tears to our eyes.
• Talbot (Theo Alexander) on “True Blood”: Russell mourning Talbot is almost as sad as watching Talbot die. We liked that sexy vampire very much.
• Tom (Tate Donovan) on “Damages”: We knew that mess would not end well, but we’re sad you’re gone.
Honorable mention: He was, unfortunately, not a fictional character, but we need to salute Capt. Phil Harris, who died while filming “Deadliest Catch.” We really miss you.