January 3, 2010 in City
Christopher Anderson photo

chrisa@spokesman.com Snow-covered toys, candy and a lighted candle sit on steps leading to the Old Curlew School Apartments in Curlew, Wash., on Tuesday. A fire destroyed the building and killed three people just before Christmas.

Smoke and steam rise from the rubble at the Old Curlew School a week after the fire. Officials said the cause of the fire was accidental.

CHRISTOPHER ANDERSON photo

Joyce Longfellow keeps donation containers for fire victims at the register of her store in Curlew, Wash. Longfellow said donations have come from all over the area, including some from Canada.