January 8, 2010 in City

Havermale kitchen fire quickly extinguished

Smoke fills building; students sent home
The Spokesman-Review
 

A fire in the kitchen at Havermale High School was quickly extinguished by staff about 9:40 a.m. today, but smoke spread into the main floor of the building, fire officials said.

The fire in the kitchen was put out with a fire extinguisher that was on hand in the kitchen, a fire dispatcher said.

Firefighters were called to the scene, but extra engines were turned away once the fire was put out. A fire crew stayed at the school to help remove smoke from the building.

The school was evacuated during the fire call, and students were sent home for the rest of the day.

Get stories like this in a free daily email


Please keep it civil. Don't post comments that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy. Read our forum standards and community guidelines.

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus