June 9, 2010 in Region

Teen still fugitive despite award

The Spokesman-Review

CAMANO ISLAND, Wash. – Washington’s notorious teen burglar remains at large, despite an anonymous $50,000 offer to turn himself in.

The offer to 19-year-old Colton Harris-Moore was announced last week and expired at 3 p.m. Tuesday. Edmonds attorney Jim Johanson put the money in his office trust account and said it’s being returned to the donor.

Johanson told the Herald newspaper of Everett that the offer was an attempt to get Harris-Moore to turn himself in before anyone gets hurt.

Harris-Moore has been on the run since April 2008, when he escaped from a group home south of Seattle, and authorities believe he’s responsible for dozens of break-ins in five Washington counties, British Columbia and Idaho. Police also believe he has taken four planes, luxury cars and power boats.

There is one comment on this story. Click here to view comment >>

Get stories like this in a free daily email