June 18, 2010 in News

Fireworks stand burns in Worley

The Spokesman-Review

Worley residents got a free impromptu fireworks display Friday night after a child ignited a firework that caused a fireworks stand to go up in flames.

The fire, which started about 8 p.m., burned two vehicles and caused Highway 95 to shut down for a short time, authorities said.

According to a Coeur d’Alene Tribal spokesman, a minor was playing with fireworks near Adeline’s Smoke Shop, near the old Worley Fire Station, when one firework accidentally shot into the stand causing the building to ignite along with the fireworks inside.

The stand burned to the ground, and two vehicles parked nearby were destroyed, authorities said. The highway was shut down for safety reasons. No one was hurt.

There is one comment on this story. Click here to view comment >>

Get stories like this in a free daily email