Local news


Smoking blamed for north Spokane house fire

TUESDAY, MARCH 23, 2010

Fire burned a home in north Spokane on Monday night after a cigarette set a bed aflame, according to the homeowner.

Residents at 5409 N. Washington St. told KHQ TV that their son, who is disabled, was smoking in his basement bedroom when flames spread to the rest of the home.

The three escaped unharmed.

The fire was reported at 7:22 p.m., according to the Spokane Fire Department.

Crews knocked it down in about half an hour.


 

There is one comment on this story »




Back to Spokesman Mobile