May 3, 2010 in City

Kids blamed for apartment fire

The Spokesman-Review
 
Map of this story's location

Children playing with matches sparked a blaze at a north Spokane apartment complex Sunday, according to the Spokane Fire Department.

The fire started in a shrub near a main-floor patio and spread up to the third floor, scorching the vinyl siding of the building at 8821 N. Hill N Dale St.

Firefighters contained the blaze as it was spreading into the attic, according to the Fire Department.

Twenty-one firefighters responded; none was injured.

Crews were on the scene for about an hour and a half.

The building is owned by Spokane Forest Park Apartment, LLC.

Get stories like this in a free daily email


Please keep it civil. Don't post comments that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy. Read our forum standards and community guidelines.

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus