Local news

Authorities: 3 severely burned while manipulating pot

Three men were airlifted from Moses Lake to Seattle’s Harborview Medical Center with severe burns after igniting a flash fire in a small garden shed Monday night.

They were reportedly using butane in an attempt to extract the psychoactive resin from the marijuana, according to a press release from the Grant County Sheriff’s Office and the Grant County Emergency Management Department.

The injured men were identified as Jeffrey A. Beavin, 30, Ray A. Jones, 28, and Sean M. Jensen, 28, all of Moses Lake.

Butane accumulated in the shed and was ignited about 9 p.m. when one of the men went to light a cigarette in the shed adjacent to 4421 Airway Drive NE.

The men were taken to Samaritan Hospital in Moses Lake and then transferred to Harborview’s burn center.

The sheriff’s office is continuing an investigation.

There are 19 comments on this story »



Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
Customer service:
(509) 747-4422
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Back to Spokesman Mobile