November 8, 2010 in City

North Side kitchen fire damages home

 

Three occupants of a home on the North Side escaped safely early today from a fire that broke out in their kitchen.

Spokane firefighters quickly extinguished the fire before it could cause serious damage, but the home was filled with so much smoke that it was not habitable after the fire.

The 1:25 a.m. fire at 1819 W. Rockwell Ave. caused an estimated $10,000 damage, firefighters said. The cause is under investigation.


Thoughts and opinions on this story? Click here to comment >>

Get stories like this in a free daily email