We’ve gotten some clues for interesting big business news for the near future, but they aren’t absolutely confirmed – so we’ll just hint at them within the tidbits down below. Meanwhile Keller Williams Realty Coeur d’Alene Market Center has moved, with about 100 associates, into a 6,600-square-foot location at 1450 Northwest Blvd. Expanding from its previous building at 1044 Northwest Blvd., the new spaces include additional office and conference rooms on a single level. The area formerly housed the Bank of America mortgage department.
Reflecting the description by Realtor magazine as “the fastest-growing residential real estate firm in North America,” the new office is open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays. Call (208) 667-2399.
Big Smoke adds Hayden store
Beer, wine, cigarettes, cigars and accessories are the mainstay of Big Smoke, which has opened a new store next to Payday Loans at 281 W. Hayden Ave. (northeast corner of the Highway 95 intersection).
The locally owned store has a walk-in beer cooler and a walk-in humidor. Hours are 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sundays. Call (208) 772-0370.
Von Nash expanding on Fourth Street
Von Nash Interiors moved from Northwest Boulevard to 849 N. Fourth St. within the last two years, but the new space isn’t big enough. The Painted Pig antique store is closing just in time, and Von Nash will expand across Boise Avenue at the end of the month.
Von Nash offers new, antique and retrofitted furniture and décor items as well as interior services such as upholstery work. The Painted Pig location will add a seasoned flair, as the house at 901 Fourth St. is 100 years old. Call Von Nash at (208) 667-0592.
This week’s tidbits
• My spies tell me the Shore Lounge in the Coeur d’Alene Resort will be moving from the hotel to spaces adjacent to Tito Macaroni’s in the Plaza Shops block on Sherman Avenue. In making room, Candy O’Brien’s Boutique will move within the complex. The Shore Lounge space will become a conference/meeting room associated with the connected Dockside Restaurant. Don’t tell the CdA Press that I have this. …
• The ranch, farm and outdoor sports and clothing store Big R evidently will be opening in the 85,000-square-foot building that originally was a Kmart and has been a Black Sheep Warehouse store in Ponderay. Big R has six stores in Western Montana and Eastern Washington. More on this later.
• You saw the announcement a few days ago that Trader Joe’s will open a new store on the South Hill in Spokane. Hmmm. A few years ago a spokesman said Trader Joe’s would only expand by adding a combination of three or four stores at once for shipping convenience. At the time they were thinking about Spokane, Coeur d’Alene, Missoula and Bozeman. We’ll check on that.
• A special December farmers market will be 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday in Building 1 at the Kootenai County Fairgrounds. It will include 45 vendors with seasonal items, music, munchies and Father Winter. Call (208) 772-2290 or visit www.kootenaicounty farmersmarket.com.
• The Spokane Hardware Supply store has closed at 3850 N. Schreiber Way. The company still has a store at Trent and Napa in Spokane.
• A free workshop focused on doing business with the government will be 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Dec. 3, in the Idaho Small Business Development Center in the Post Falls campus of North Idaho College at 525 W. Clearwater Loop. Call Lee Velten of the Idaho Department of Commerce at (208) 334-2470.
Click here to comment on this story »