Two weeks remain in Greater Spokane League football play and eight of the 10 teams are still in the hunt for play-in berths.
The only thing settled is the 3A top seed, a spot defending league champ Mt. Spokane (6-1) has had essentially locked up for a couple of weeks.
While some jockeying could still occur, some of the pieces of the postseason puzzle could come together beginning tonight when Gonzaga Prep (6-1) takes on Mead (4-3) at Albi Stadium. Kickoff is at 6:30.
In an Albi doubleheader Friday, Mt. Spokane meets Rogers (0-7) at 5:30 followed by Lewis and Clark (3-4) and league-leading Ferris (7-0) squaring off at 8.
In the other two league games, North Central (2-5) is at Central Valley (4-3) and Shadle Park (0-7) visits University (3-4). Both games are at 7.
• In Idaho, the 5A Inland Empire League’s two state playoff berths could be decided Friday when Coeur d’Alene (6-1, 1-0) visits Post Falls (6-1, 0-1). Kickoff is at 7.
CdA secures a playoff spot along with league-leading Lake City (4-2, 2-0) if CdA tops Post Falls, which has beaten the Vikings three straight years. Post Falls can muddy the picture with a victory.
A CdA victory would set up a showdown the following Friday against LC for the league title and playoff seeding. The playoff qualifiers turn around in two weeks and play again to open the postseason.
• In a 4A IEL game, Lakeland (2-6, 0-1) is at Moscow (5-2, 0-0) Friday at 7.
• In the Intermountain League, the title can be decided Friday when Bonners Ferry (3-4, 2-0) visits defending champ Timberlake (2-5, 2-0) at 7.
The 5A Region I tournament begins tonight with two matches. No. 4 seed Coeur d’Alene is at No. 1 Post Falls and No. 3 Lake City goes to No. 2 and defending champ Lewiston. Both matches are at 7.
Those winners turn around and play for the title on Saturday at Post Falls at 2. The top two teams advance to state.
• The 4A Region I tournament will be held Saturday at Sandpoint. In the first match, No. 3 Lakeland takes on No. 2 Moscow at 1 p.m. That winner faces No. 1 Sandpoint at 2:30. The title match is at 5:30. Just one state berth is available.
• The 3A District I tournament is Saturday at Lakeland. In the first match, No. 5 Bonners Ferry takes on No. 4 Priest River at 9 a.m. followed by No. 3 Timberlake facing No. 2 Kellogg at 10:30. Both are loser-out matches. The title match is at 4 p.m. The top two teams go to state.
State-qualifying cross country
The 5A and 4A Region I meets are today at Hells Gate State Park in Lewiston.
The top two teams and top one-third individuals in each race advance to state. The 5A and 4A girls race at 3:30 p.m. and the 5A and 4A boys race 30 minutes later.
• The 3A District I meet is today at Twin Lakes Elementary School near Rathdrum. The top two teams and top 10 individuals go to state. The girls race is at 3 p.m. followed by the boys at 3:30.