Tori Bertsch finished with 22 assists and 11 digs Thursday as Post Falls defeated visiting Coeur d’Alene 3-1 to advance to Saturday’s 5A Region I volleyball title match at PF.
The Trojans will play Lake City at 2 p.m. for a state berth. Kylie Curtis had 16 assists and 10 kills for CdA, which will meet Lewiston at noon Saturday at PF in a loser-out match.
• At Lewiston, Jennifer Schuman totaled 21 kills and Camille Rounds added 35 assists as third-seeded LC tripped up second-seeded Lewiston 25-19, 25-22, 19-25, 18-25, 15-13. Lewiston swept LC twice this season.
• Greater Spokane League: Ixchelle Olesen had eight kills as Mt. Spokane (9-0) won the league title outright with a sweep at Rogers (0-9). … Khou Moua’s 15 digs and three aces helped Lewis and Clark (4-5) to a sweep at Ferris (5-4). … Taylor Forney had 23 assists and Delaney Fisher 16 digs as third-place Central Valley (6-3) posted a 3-1 win at North Central. Celena Ward had 19 digs and 12 kills for the Indians (1-8). … Christine Mathison had 11 kills as University (5-4) took a 3-1 win over visiting Shadle Park (3-6).
• Great Northern League: Alyssa Dorr had 34 assists as third-place East Valley (8-4) posted a 26-24, 25-19, 16-25, 11-25, 15-5 win at Cheney. Baylie Tuyear had 12 kills for the Blackhawks (4-8). … First-place West Valley (11-0) tuned up for Saturday’s match at Pullman (10-1) with a sweep of visiting Medical Lake (1-11). WV’s Leah Peterson had six aces and five kills. … Ashley Meyers had three aces to help host Clarkston (6-6) to a sweep of Deer Park (1-11).
• Great Northern League: Micah Youmans scored the deciding goal during a 5-4 shootout as host Cheney (9-7, 9-3) took a 1-0 win over first-place East Valley (10-5, 9-2). The second-place Blackhawks won their fifth consecutive match and avenged a 3-2 loss to EV on Sept. 28. … Katie Wee and Courtney Hossfeld scored twice apiece to lead West Valley (7-6-1, 7-4) to a 7-0 win over visiting Medical Lake (2-13, 1-11). … Kristen Kirking had one goal and one assist to lead Clarkston (2-12-1, 2-8-1) to a 4-3 win over visiting Deer Park. Laura Schereschewsky scored every goal for the Stags (4-10-1, 3-8-1).
• Idaho 5A/4A Region I: Senior Kinsey Gomez won the 5,000-meter race in 18 minutes, 43.01 seconds to lead Coeur d’Alene’s girls to the 5A team title at Hells Gate State Park in Lewiston. The Vikings scored 36 points to hold off Lake City (45), which also qualified for state. Seniors David Norris (16:11.87) and Alex Troxel (16:36.41) led a 1-2-3-4 finish as CdA (16 points) won the 5A boys title. Post Falls (58 points) also advanced to state. Sandpoint’s boys (26 points) won the 4A title, led by runner-up Danny Pfeifer (16:37.39). Winner Adam Storey (16:14.81) helped Moscow (32 points) move on to state. In 4A girls, Moscow (27 points) and Sandpoint (33) advanced to state and Sandpoint senior Molly Burgstahler (20:58.44) won.
• Idaho 3A District I-II: Ashly George (20:19) led a 1-2-3-4 finish as Timberlake (16) rolled to the girls team title at Twin Lake Elementary. Bonners Ferry (62 points) earned the second state bid. Bonners Ferry’s boys (36) repeated as team champs, as Micah Krmpotich (17:32) and Jacob Callister (17:54) finished 1-2. Timberlake (62) qualified for state for the seventh consecutive year.
• Idaho 2A/1A District I-II: Runner-up Sadie Iott (21:32.40) guided Coeur d’Alene Charter (23 points) to the girls team title at Hells Gate State Park.