Local news

Spokane Valley crews douse house fire

A candle left burning in a bathroom was blamed for a Spokane Valley house fire this morning.

Spokane Valley firefighters responded to a home at 17718 E. Indiana Ave. to extinguish the fire that was reported about 9:35 a.m.

A candle on top of a toilet in the bathroom may have ignited a lace curtain next to it, firefighters said. No one was injured, and occupants of the home escaped safely.



There are two comments on this story »



Where does the money go?

sponsored You’ve probably heard of co-ops: food co-ops, childcare co-ops, housing co-ops, energy co-ops.



Sections


Profile

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
Customer service:
(509) 747-4422
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Back to Spokesman Mobile