April 11, 2011 in City

Family burned out of South Side home today

Map of this story's location

Four adults and a child were burned out of their South Side home early today, according to Spokane fire officials.

Their home at 1118 E. 33rd Ave. was fully involved with flames when the first crew from a nearby fire station got to the scene in the 12:45 a.m. call.

The residents had gotten out by then. Red Cross was called to assist them with emergency needs.

Firefighters controlled the fire in about 20 minutes, stopping it in the living room. The house had an estimated $35,000 in smoke and fire damage. No injuries were reported. The cause is under investigation.

Thoughts and opinions on this story? Click here to comment >>

Get stories like this in a free daily email