The Spokane County Regional Animal Protection Service is overwhelmed with black cats and kittens looking for loving homes.
SCRAPS is offering a special on all black cats through Aug. 13, according to a SCRAPS news release. Adoption is $20, which includes a spay/neuter voucher, current vaccinations, microchip, license and a free veterinary examination. SCRAPS, at 2521 N. Flora Road, is open Monday through Saturday, noon to 5:30 p.m.
“We have approximately 19 black cats and kittens,” said Nicole Montano, lead animal protection officer. “Statistically, black pets are always the hardest to adopt because their personalities are harder to see in their kennels and cages.”
The top ten reasons to adopt a black cat, according to the news release:
1. We are always sleek, stylish and elegant.
2. You’ll never lose us in a snowstorm.
3. Black fur won’t show up on your (chic) black clothing.
4. Statistically speaking, we are friendlier than other cats.
5. We are happier because we look thinner!
6. In many cultures, black cats are good luck.
7. We can be slimming when draped over your lap.
8. We can easily accessorize our collars because everything goes well with black.
9. We are always appropriately dressed at cocktail parties.
10. We take the longest to get adopted and need your help the most!
sponsored You’ve probably heard of co-ops: food co-ops, childcare co-ops, housing co-ops, energy co-ops.