That’s News to you answers
Below are the answers to this week’s news quiz. For a longer, interactive challenge and a chance to win lunch for two at Spokane’s Clinkerdagger restaurant, go to spokesman.com/newsquiz
1. D. The fastest-growing job in Spokane County is security guard, with a projected growth of about 4.7 percent between 2008 and 2013.
2. C. The Albert Lee Cup, named for an appliance store that has been a longtime sponsor of boat races at Seafair, was awarded in the unlimited hydro races to Steve David, driver of the Oh Boy! Oberto boat.
3. B. Oregon has not passed the law, although the Legislature has debated it. Washington passed it in 2009.
4. A. The bank sends elephant sperm to zoos in an effort to preserve the African elephant.
5. D. Sneed was sentenced to five years in prison by a federal judge in Coeur d’Alene for wire fraud.
Last week’s winner
Steve Reynolds, of Mead.