Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat@ spokesman.com.
• Market Vision has hired Jenny Glendenning as social media and public relations coordinator. She previously worked for Epic PR Group in Washington, D.C., and holds a bachelor’s degree in communications/public relations from Eastern Washington University.
• The following individuals have joined the Community Colleges of Spokane Foundation board of directors to serve three-year terms: Marco Begovich of Cherry Creek Mortgage, Wray Bjerkestrand of Grainger Industrial Supply, Brad Desormeau of UBS Wealth Management, Heather Hanley of The Tin Roof and Concept: Home, Dan Olson of Spokane Computer, Jim Perez, retired former executive vice president of CCS Institute for Extended Learning, and Christine Schnug, CPA and retired partner of Moss Adams.
• Scott Murock and Kim Carlile received Edward Jones’ “Client Service Excellence” award for being in the top 25 percent in client service providers nationally and the No. 1 provider in the region. Murock is a financial adviser and Carlile is senior branch office administrator for the company in Spokane Valley.
• The northside Spokane practice of Gene Teigen, O.D. has added Grant Hardan to its staff as an optometrist. He previously worked for Spokane VA Medical Center and holds a Doctor of Optometry degree from Southern California College.
• Laurie Johnson has earned American Board of Opticianry Certified and Licensed Dispensing Optician certifications. Nicole Capato has also earned LDO certification and National Contact Lens Examiners certification. Both have worked for EyeDentity Optical in Spokane for the past 10 years.
• Spokane attorney Mark Kamitomo has been elected president of the Washington State Association for Justice.
• The Washington State Association for Justice presented H. Douglas Spruance III with a Public Justice Award. Spruance is an attorney with Feltman, Gebhardt, Greer and Zeimantz, P.S. in Spokane.
• Leander “Lee” James received the 2011 Service Award from the Idaho State Bar. James is a managing member of James, Vernon and Weeks, P.A. law firm in Coeur d’Alene and serves on the Idaho State Bar Professional Conduct Board.
• The YMCA of the Inland Northwest has named Nilas-Anthony “Tony” Manley association volunteer coordinator. He has held various positions within the organization and most recently served as membership director of the former Downtown YMCA.
• Robin Henspeter has been hired as a broker for Coldwell Banker Tomlinson North. He has more than 30 years of sales and management experience. • Kiemle and Hagood Company hired Colin Conway to join its Commercial Brokerage Division. He is a licensed Realtor in Washington, holds Certified Shopping Center Manager and Certified Leasing Specialist designations from the International Council of Shopping Centers, and holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration with an emphasis in finance from Eastern Washington University.
• Rich Prasser has been hired as an agent for Keller Williams Realty Spokane. He previously worked as a senior stockbroker for Scottrade.