August 22, 2011 in City, Idaho, Region

Pullman residents use buckets to fight fire

 

A smoldering cigarette is being blamed on a fire that damaged an apartment house in Pullman on Sunday.

The source of the fire was traced to a couch on the ground floor of the four-story building at SE 405 Jordan Road.

Firefighters spent only a half hour extinguishing the blaze that was reported about 10 p.m. in the unit occupied by the apartment manager.

Residents living in the next floor overhead reported the fire, which had spread to walls of the burning unit.

The fire was partly extinguished by residents who used a fire extinguisher and buckets of water to combat the blaze.


There is one comment on this story. Click here to view comment >>

Get stories like this in a free daily email