Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat @spokesman.com.
• Magnuson, McHugh and Company in Coeur d’Alene has named Michelle Schini Haneline as its new president, replacing Ron Bremer. Schini Haneline previously served as director of business accounting and consulting, and has been with the firm for 16 years. Bremer will continue to serve the company as senior associate of the tax department and as an executive committee member.
• BDO USA, LLP has promoted the following individuals at its Spokane office: Steven O’Donnell to assurance manager; Amy Roberts to director; and Jason Wurz to senior manager.
• Ella Inglebret has been named a fellow of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. She is an associate professor in speech and hearing sciences at Washington State University and has been with the university since 1989.
• DCI Engineers has hired Chris Ferrera as a structural project engineer. He previously worked as a project inspector for Spokane County Engineering Constructing Department and holds a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with an emphasis in structures from Washington State University.
• Adeline Grow has been hired as an assistant in marketing and administration for DCI Engineers. She previously worked for the U.S. Forest Service in the Methow Valley and as an instructor of English composition at Western Washington University. She holds a master’s degree in English Studies from Western and studied literature and mathematics at Whitworth University.
• The National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners elected Philip Jones as first vice president for a one-year term. Jones is a Washington Utilities and Transportation commissioner.
• Gary Flood has been appointed to the Innovate Washington Board of Directors by Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire. Flood is president and CEO of ReliOn.
• The following individuals received Annual Recognition Awards from the Spokane Pharmacy Association: Pharmacist of the Year, Jason Iltz of Integrated Health Professionals and WSU College of Pharmacy; Pharmacy Technician of the Year-Hospital, Chris Belshaw of Rockwood Health Systems Valley Hospital; Pharmacy Technician of the Year-Community, Brian Legg of ReliantRx Pharmacy; Speaker of the Year, James Chavez-Muramatsu of Community Health Association Spokane (CHAS); Pharmacy Student of the Year, Erik Nelson of WSU College of Pharmacy Spokane; Pharmacy of the Year, Integrated Health Professionals Pharmacy and Infusion; and Exceptional Service Award, Rebecca Hille, Washington State Board of Pharmacy.
• Brandy Singer received the 2011 Innovative Pharmacy Practice Award from the Washington State Pharmacy Association. Singer is a clinical pharmacist with 1st Avenue Pharmacy in Spokane.
• Silverwood Theme Park has hired Cheryl Freeman as a sales manager. She previously worked in advertising sales for the Coeur d’Alene Press for 10 years.
• Connoisseur Concerts has elected Robyn Parks for its 2011-12 board of trustees. Parks is a Certified Public Accountant and owner of Parks Associates.
• Jerry Jones and Erika Kahler have been hired by Keller Williams Realty Spokane as agents. Jones previously worked for N&N Realty, and Kahler previously worked for The Cascade Team in Issaquah, Wash.
• Buckle Inc. has named Taryn Hendricks manager of the NorthTown Mall store. Hendricks previously served as a management trainee for the company’s Spokane Valley Mall location.
Click here to comment on this story »