Following are the answers to this week’s quiz:
1. B. Al-Saadi Gadhafi and three relatives were allegedly going to be smuggled into an oceanfront estate in Mexico.
2. C. Scientists say there are five – three in the northeast corner of the state, one in the Methow Valley and one in Kittitas County.
3. D. The SETI Institute says Kepler-22b is about 600 light years away, between the constellations Vega and Cygnus.
4. A. Babbitt stepped down as head of the FAA after being arrested for DUI.
5. D. The alliance is suing over the planned removal of ponderosa pines near City Park on Rosenberry, which the corps says have to come out because they may weaken dikes. Some studies suggest trees sometimes strengthen dikes.
On the Web: If you enjoyed this quiz, try our longer, interactive quiz at spokesman.com/newsquiz for a chance at lunch for two at the Davenport Hotel.
Last week’s winner: Ryan Burkey.
sponsored According to two 2015 surveys, 62 percent of Americans do not have enough savings to handle an unexpected emergency, much less any long-term plans.