Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat@ spokesman.com.
• Paige Browning has been hired by Spokane Public Radio as a news host and reporter for KPBX 91.1 and KSFC 91.9. She has extensive communication experience and previously served as a DJ for the University of Montana radio station, KBGA-Missoula and helped produce and direct four shows for Montana PBS.
• Klundt Hosmer has hired Tyler Kracht as a graphic designer. He previously worked as a graphic designer for Pierpoint Media and is a graduate of the design program at Alexandria Tech College in Minnesota.
• The following individuals have been appointed as new members to the North Idaho College Foundation 2011-12 Board of Directors: Pat Clevenger, Northwestern Mutual Financial Network; John Little, Savory Restaurant; Jim Tippett, Bay Shore Systems; Peter Smith, Lukins and Annis, P.S. in Coeur d’Alene; and Troy Tymesen, City of Coeur d’Alene.
• The Eastern Washington University Alumni Association has named Gina Mauro Campbell president. She holds a bachelor’s degree in communication studies from EWU, a master’s degree in organizational leadership from Gonzaga University and currently serves as director of visitor services for Visit Spokane.
• Lynn Burton has been promoted from lead project manager to senior project manager for DCI Engineers. She has been with the firm since 2005. The firm also promoted Kevin Cary and Matthew Thomas from structural engineers to structural project managers. Cary has been with DCI Engineers for six years and Thomas joined the firm in 2006.
• The Hubbell Financial Group of the Northwestern Mutual Financial Network has hired Lei Ann Cross, Adam Jackson and Kyle LaHonta as associates. Cross previously served as manager and owner of Absolute Water Sports in Polson, Mont. Jackson previously worked for Wells Fargo Bank as a private banker and holds a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Seattle Pacific University. LaHonta holds a bachelor’s degree in finance from Gonzaga University and previously interned with Northwestern Mutual.
• Peter Fitzmyers has been hired as a financial advisor for Edward Jones branch office in Post Falls, located at 1810 E. Schneidmiller Ave., Suite 210.
• Banner Bank has hired Christine Johnston as assistant vice president/retail branch manager of the company’s Sprague and Mullan branch in Spokane Valley. She previously served as vice president/regional manager of Washington Trust Bank for nearly 10 years. She holds a bachelor’s degree in communication from Colorado State University.
• Francine Mudd, manager of J.C. Penney in Spokane Valley and Joe Fagan, president of Securitas Security Services, received My Boss is a Patriot awards from the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve organization. Mudd was nominated for the award by Paul Kinyanjui, an employee who also serves in the Army National Guard, and Fagan was nominated by Garrett Di Biase, a Marine reservist and Securitas employee.
• John May has been named 2011 Hotelier of the Year by the Idaho Lodging and Restaurant Association (ILRA). May is owner and general manager of the Owyhee Plaza Hotel in Boise. The organization also named Kevin Settles 2011 Restaurateur of the Year. Settles is owner of Bardenay Restaurants and Distilleries.
• Moloney O’Neill promoted Crystal Yurik from account assistant to account manager for the company’s commercial insurance division. She has been with the company for three years. The company also hired Ryan Camp and Kim Johanson as account assistants for its commercial insurance division. Camp previously worked for Safeco Insurance and is a graduate of Washington State University. Johanson has 25 years of insurance industry experience and previously worked for Napco LLC in Texas.
• The Spokesman-Review Marketing Department has hired Holly Netz as a multimedia sales executive and Melissa Skomer-Kafton as a multimedia content provider/editor. Netz has previous sales and marketing experience while working in various industries. Skomer-Kafton previously worked for KXLY Radio and has more than 10 years of local media and production experience.
• Analyn Cabral has been promoted to digital coordinator of Spokesman.com by The Spokesman-Review. She previously worked in the company’s circulation department for more than two years.
• David Yost has been appointed director of real estate investment for Centennial Property Management Company. He previously served as principal of RightPath Investments and has more than 20 years of Real Estate industry experience. He holds a bachelor’s degree in finance and marketing from the University of Washington and a master’s in business administration from Ohio State University.