Here’s how the Christmas holiday will affect local services:
• Federal, state, county and city offices will be closed Monday.
• Federal and state courts will be closed Monday.
• Parking meters in Spokane do not have to be plugged Monday.
• Spokane Transit Authority will operate on its Sunday/holiday service schedule. Details: www.spokanetransit.com.
• All Spokane Public Library branches are closed Saturday and Sunday, and the downtown, Shadle, and South Hill branches will be closed Monday. The East Side, Hillyard and Indian Trail branches will be open Monday but closed Tuesday. • Curbside residential trash and recycling collection will be delayed one day next week. If your trash is normally collected Friday, it will be collected Saturday. The Spokane County Waste-to-Energy facility and the transfer stations will be closed Sunday, open Monday.
• Mail will not be delivered Monday.
• Riverfront Park attractions, including the Looff Carrousel and Spokane Falls Skyride, will be closed Sunday, open all other days, including New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. All other attractions, including the Ice Palace, Imax Theater and Enchanted Forest Mini-Golf, are open Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. Check www.spokane riverfrontpark.com for hours of operation.