Holiday affects services
Here’s how the New Year’s holiday will affect local services:
• Federal, state, county and city offices will be closed Monday.
• Federal and state courts will be closed Monday.
• Mail will not be delivered Monday.
• Washington liquor stores will be open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. today and closed on Sunday. On Monday, most state stores will be open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Idaho liquor stores will be open normal hours this weekend.
• Parking meters in Spokane do not have to be plugged Monday.
• Spokane Transit Authority will operate on its Sunday/holiday service schedule. STA will operate shuttle service for First Night venues from 3 p.m. today to 1 a.m. Sunday. Regular service is not extended for First Night. Details: www.spokanetransit.com or (509) 328-RIDE.
• All Spokane Public Library branches are closed Monday. The East Side, Hillyard and Indian Trail branches will be closed Tuesday. Spokane County Library District facilities will close at 5 p.m. today and remain closed through Monday.
• Curbside residential trash and recycling collection will be delayed one day next week in Spokane County. If your trash is normally collected Friday, it will be collected Saturday. The Waste-to-Energy facility and the transfer stations will be closed Sunday, open Monday.
In Kootenai County, Waste Management will operate on its usual Monday-Friday trash pickup service. Coeur d’Alene Garbage/Post Falls Sanitation also will operate on its regular pickup schedule.
• Riverfront Park attractions are open all weekend. Check www.spokane riverfrontpark.com for hours of operation. The Carrousel will be closed Tuesday to March 1 for routine maintenance.