Nia Jackson scored 22 points, including Oregon’s final 10, and the Ducks rallied in the second half for a 77-72 victory over Washington State on Thursday night at Eugene, Ore.
Jackson scored on a fastbreak layup after a steal by Amanda Johnson to put Oregon (10-4, 1-2 Pac-10) ahead 69-67 with 2 minutes, 50 seconds left.
Jackson then hit a long 3-pointer as the shot clock expired to break a tie with 38 seconds to go and put Oregon in the lead for good.
WSU’s Jazmine Perkins finished with a game-high 24 points after previously averaging 7.8 per game. WSU (2-13, 0-3) has lost seven straight.
• Washington ran off the final 16 points of the game to overtake Oregon State 55-52 at Corvallis, Ore.
Kristi Kingma scored 15 points on five 3-pointers and had 11 rebounds to lead the Huskies (6-6, 1-2 Pac-10).
Alyssa Martin scored a game-high 19 points on 8-for-13 shooting to pace the Beavers (7-7, 0-3).
• Keri Arendse hit 4 of 4 free throws during the final 19 seconds of overtime to help Idaho (8-5) hold off Nevada (11-3) 61-56 in a Western Athletic Conference opener at Reno, Nev.
• Kama Griffitts scored all 12 of her points in the first half and ShaKiana Edwards-Teasley scored 12 of her 18 points in the second half as North Idaho (14-2) strolled to an 85-34 nonconference win at Scottsdale (Ariz.) CC.
• Gonzaga junior Kayla Standish was named West Coast Conference Player of the Month after averaging 18.9 points and 8.6 rebounds while the Bulldogs went 7-1 in December.
• All-session tickets to the NCAA Division I Spokane Regional, March 26 and 28 at the Arena, will go on sale at 10 a.m. Monday.
The $45 dollar tickets, which include all three regional games, will be available at the Arena box office, at 800-325-SEAT or at TicketsWest.com.