Hard Case, a maker and distributor of eyeglass accessories and cleaning products, will move its business into an office-warehouse building that will be under construction soon at 3613 E. Alki Ave., where it intersects with Freya Street.
The company has been operating out of leased space in Post Falls, but owner Greg Berdan said building a new facility in Washington made sense from a tax standpoint.
Also, he said, all his employees live in Spokane.
The building on Alki will have 8,800 square feet of warehouse space, 2,500 square feet of office space, and two 1,100-square-foot spaces available for lease.
The project architect is Mark Lathum of M.L. Architect & Assoc. Baker Construction & Development is the contractor for the project, which will be managed by Sam Butler.
Baker Senior Vice President Reed Caudle said the exterior of the $1.4 million building will be concrete block with stone accents. Construction will begin in early March, with completion expected to take seven months, he said.
Meridian Construction, Inc. of Spokane is starting work this month on a new office building on the West Plains for Enduris Washington, a cooperative of government agencies in the state that pool resources for insurance, claims and risk management.
The 24,449-square-foot building will rise on 3 ½ acres at 1810 S. Technology Blvd., in the Pacific Northwest Technology Park. It’s scheduled to be completed in the fall.
Construction cost is estimated at $2.75 million.
Enduris will occupy about 65 percent of the building, and a portion will remain unfinished and available for lease.
The building will be finished with masonry and cultured stone.
OMS, Inc. of Spokane is the architect.
Founded by Mark D’Agostino 10 years ago, Meridian specializes in office, retail and health care construction.
Sprint Wireless opens in Post Falls
Bryan Anderson has opened his third area Sprint Wireless store at 724 N. Highway 41 in Post Falls.
Anderson also has stores on North Division Street near the Y in Spokane and on Sullivan Road in Spokane Valley.
He’s leasing roughly 1,600 square feet of new office space next door to the Sonic Drive-In on Highway 41.
The store will have four employees and will be open six days a week, Anderson said.
Marshall Clark, of Clark Pacific Real Estate, handled the transaction.
• Smart Smoke Inc., an “e-cigarette” dealer, opened a store at 12924 W. Sunset Highway, in Airway Heights. It will operate seven days a week, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. The Spokane-based company also has stores in the River Park Square, NorthTown and Spokane Valley malls, in Medical Lake and in the Silver Lake Mall in Coeur d’Alene.
• Marshall Capital Group, headed by Buck Marshall of Spokane, has moved into an office at the Fernwell Building in downtown Spokane, 505 W. Riverside Ave. The firm works with small businesses to identify and obtain financing and improve cash flow.
• Post Falls has a new Merry Maids office location. The for-hire cleaning team opened a 1,000 square foot office inside Cornerstone Center, 761 N. Thornton, Post Falls.
• Allstate Insurance agent Drew Hodgson has moved into a 1,026-square foot office at 2525 E. 29th Ave., on Spokane’s South Hill. The lease was arranged by Erik Nelson and Chad Carper, of Kiemle & Hagood.
• R&R Custom Color Lab has moved into new offices at 2927 N. Monroe St. in Spokane. The custom photo processing firm had an office on Calispel Street in north Spokane.
• Mountain Ventures, a Spokane-based IT consulting, design and support firm, has moved into about 1,000 square feet of office at 7307 N. Division St.
• Spokane Valley attorney Gary Penar has moved into new offices at 521 N. Argonne Road, Spokane Valley. Penar’s law firm was previously located on Mullan Road in the Valley.