HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2011:
This year, you take a stronger stand within the community and/or in your professional life. Often, challenges arise out of the blue. Your conventional style of detaching could be more difficult. If single, opt for a new type, and you are likely to experience success in relating. If attached, combine your efforts together on a project or goal. Closeness will become a given. Scorpio thinks of you as a leader.
ARIES (March 21-April 19)
• • • • Consider the pros and cons of leaping over negativity, misinformation and someone’s attitude. Will it be worth the energy?
TAURUS (April 20-May 20)
• • • Defer to others, as they are likely to throw a hissy fit if you don’t. A boss is very assertive. You might not be able to change the state of affairs.
GEMINI (May 21-June 20)
• • • • Just when you feel as if you are soaring, someone or some situation pulls you back down to earth. A partner, however, remains supportive.
CANCER (June 21-July 22)
• • • • Your imagination let loose is a delight, not only to you but to everyone. Who says you need to hold back? A partner will revise his or her thinking because of you.
LEO (July 23-Aug. 22)
• • • Your desire to eliminate tension and stress could be frustrated. Buck trends; investigate a shortcut. Just don’t say “no.” Be an investigator. Be willing to root out the real story or problem.
VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22)
• • • • You might opt to put in more overtime and/or get a second job. You might want to review your finances with an eye to the fact that in the past year, you never felt like you had enough.
LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22)
• • • • Pressure builds, as you deem that you might need to do more. Build financial security through real estate investments.
SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21)
• • • • Others seek you out. You could be flattered or annoyed. Your perspective determines your reaction. Rethink some of your knee-jerk feelings.
SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21)
• • • Keep your thoughts to yourself. Not only might it be somewhat easier, but also you could change your perspective given time and observation.
CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19)
• • • • Zero in on what you want. Take control of a professional matter, if you can. Otherwise, you might have more problems.
AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18)
• • • • Someone you look up to could be more provocative than you realize. You wonder what you are doing and could become frustrated.
PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20)
• • • • • Reach out for someone at a distance whom you care about. You might wonder what is going on behind the scenes – a partner or associate seems a bit withdrawn or frothy.
This upcoming weekend is the anniversary of the date in 1859 when a distant relative of mine started Global Warming. Of course, Edwin Drake's real aim was to build and ...
I am sickened by the article “Stranded.” Why would you publish the a story that makes the police look bad? The police are not in any way responsible for the ...
Analysis: 10 years later, the 2006 tax shift has resulted in an overall tax increase of $21.7 million
A new analysis by Idaho Education News shows the 2006 tax shift engineered in a one-day special session by then-Gov. Jim Risch – cutting property taxes that previously funded schools, ...
sponsored You’ve probably heard of co-ops: food co-ops, childcare co-ops, housing co-ops, energy co-ops.