SPOKANE VALLEY – Members of the community will have an opportunity to make some extra money during the Spokane County Interstate Fair, Sept. 9 through Sept. 18.
A job fair will be held Wednesday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Fair and Expo Center, 404 N. Havana St., to fill more than 200 temporary positions, and again on July 16, from 8:30 to 11 a.m.
As part of the application process, people applying for work at the job fairs will need to provide two-pieces of government-issued identification, including a Social Security card or driver’s license. A military identification alone will not be accepted.
For more information, call the Fair and Expo Center Office at (509) 477-1766 or the Spokane County Human Resources Office at (509) 477-5750.
Retreat center open house Wednesday
SPOKANE – The Immaculate Heart Retreat Center, 6910 S. Ben Burr Road, will host a Road to Discovery tour and lunch program on Wednesday, beginning at 11:30 a.m.
The tour is designed to introduce the Retreat Center’s spiritual ministries to the community. Participants will have an opportunity to see the operations of the center, hear stories, explore the natural setting and experience Immaculate Heart’s core hospitality.
The tour and lunch are free and open to the public, but reservations are requested.
To make reservations and for more information, call (509) 448-1224, email email@example.com or visit www.ihrc.net.
Summer camps at Corbin Art Center
CLIFF/CANNON – The Corbin Art Center, 507 W. Seventh Ave., will have a fine arts and crafts summer camp for ages 3 to 11, beginning July 18. Registration is required for all classes.
• Picasso’s Studio, for kids 6-11. Runs July 18-July 22. The class is from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Cost is $107 per person.
• Prehistoric Camp, for kids 6-11. Runs July 18-July 22. The class is from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Cost is $107 per person.
• Paint Potpourri, for kids 3-5. Runs July 18-July 22. The class is from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Cost is $29 per person.
• Clay and Construction, for kids 3-5. Runs July 18-July 22. The class is from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Cost is $29 per person.
• Supervised Lunch Program, for kids 3-5. Bring a lunch. Runs July 18-July 22. The program is from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Cost is $5 per person.
• Young Adventurers Camp, for kids 3-5. Runs July 18-July 22. The class is from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Cost is $29 per person.
• Animal Wildlife Camp, for kids 3-5. Runs July 18-July 22. The class is from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Cost is $29 per person.
To register and for more information, call (509) 625-6677 or visit www.spokaneparks.org.
sponsored According to two 2015 surveys, 62 percent of Americans do not have enough savings to handle an unexpected emergency, much less any long-term plans.