Symphony ‘Soiree’ Saturday at Arbor Crest
The Spokane Symphony is back in the mash-up business.
For a second year, the symphony is presenting a program called “Soiree on the Edge” on Saturday at Arbor Crest Wine Cellars.
It’s a combination of the adventurous, modernistic “Symphony on the Edge” concerts the orchestra used to give at the Knitting Factory Concert House, and the intimate Chamber Soiree performances by smaller groups of players at the Davenport Hotel.
Saturday’s program will include:
• Duets for violin and harp by Bernard Andres, Maurice Ravel and Jacques Ibert.
• A string trio by Jean Cras.
• David Lang’s “Cheating, Lying, Stealing.”
• “Four for Tango” by Astor Piazzolla.
• Three tangos for string quartet composed by symphony violinist David Armstrong.
The event begins Saturday at 6 p.m. at the winery, 4705 N. Fruit Hill Road in Spokane Valley.
You must be 21 or older to attend. Food will be available for purchase, or you can bring your own; Arbor Crest wines will also be sold. Listeners should bring blankets or lawn chairs.
Tickets are $20, through Arbor Crest tasting rooms at the winery and in River Park Square, the symphony ticket office (509-624-1200) and TicketsWest outlets (800-325-SEAT, www.ticketswest.com).