Religion Notebook: Temple joins Perry Street fair
As part of the South Perry Street Fair this weekend, the Spokane Buddhist Temple, 927 S. Perry St., will hold its annual rummage sale Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Items for sale include furniture, household items, music, artwork and more.
The temple will also host special guest speaker the Rev. Kodo Hiromichi Umezu, director of the Center for Buddhist Education in Berkeley, Calif.
Umezu will give the Dharma talk Sunday during its 10:30 a.m. service.
A question-and answer session with refreshments will follow the service.
For more information about these events, call the temple office at (509) 534-7954.
Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 8441 N. Indian Trail Road, will present its third outdoor concert Wednesday from 7 to 9 p.m.
This week’s music will be provided by the Kathleen Cavender Band and there will be free ice cream.
Attendees should bring their own blankets and chairs.
For more information, call the church office at (509) 465-0779.
Vacation Bible school
• Southside Christian Church, 2934 E. 27th Ave., will present its vacation Bible school Monday through July 21, from 9 a.m. to noon.
The program is offered to kids from kindergarten through junior high.
For more information, call the church office at (509) 535-2301.
• New Hope Christian Reformed Church, 3110 W. Francis Ave., will present “Son Surf Beach Bash,” its vacation Bible school, Monday through July 22 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Kids age 4 through sixth grade are invited to enjoy music, make crafts, hear Bible stories and play games.
Snacks will be served, and each participant will receive a free T-shirt.
The week will wrap up July 22 at 6 p.m. with a program of songs and a free barbecue.
For more information, call the church office at (509) 325-4882.
• Ridgeview Christian Center, 5610 N. Ash St., will present “Coast to Coast” for kids in grades 1 through 6 every Wednesday from 6:45 to 8:15 p.m.
The evenings will include games, snacks, field trips, stories, music, prizes and fun.
The whole family is invited for dinner at 6 p.m. for $2 a person.
For more information, call the church office at (509) 326-2913.
• Mission Community Presbyterian Church , 2103 E. Mission Ave., will present an “Ozzie and Harriet” viewing evening Friday at 6:30 p.m.
For more information, call the church office at (509) 534-4502.
• Lidgerwood Presbyterian Church, 4449 N. Nevada St., will present the movie “Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs,” Friday at 9 p.m. in the church parking lot.
Bring your own blankets and chairs. Snacks will be provided.
For more information, call the church office at (509) 487-9667.
Christian Singles Fellowship will present its next meeting Saturday at 7 p.m. in the fellowship hall of North Addison Baptist Church, 6120 N. Addison St.
The topic will be “Reading the Charts,” by Earl Dannen.
The group will also present its 10th annual areawide singles barbecue picnic July 23 at the Liberty Lake County Park picnic shelter, 3707 S. Zephyr Road, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Attendees are invited to stop by anytime.
The day will include a hike at 8 a.m. and other activities from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Children are welcome. Lunch will be served at 12:30 p.m.
The cost is $5 for adults and teens, $3 for kids 12 and younger accompanied by a parent, and park fees are $2 per person.
Reservations are required by Wednesday.
For more information about these events, call Marge at (509) 927-0304.