Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat@ spokesman.com.
• The Washington State PTA has elected DeeDee Loberg of Spokane Valley as program director for a two-year term.
• Anna Franklin has been hired as an instructor in Lean and Six Sigma improvement methodologies for the Washington State University Department of Health Policy and Administration. She has more than 18 years of related experience and previously worked for Inland Imaging and Pathology Associates Medical Laboratory. She is a GE certified Master Change Facilitator and a Six Sigma Master Black Belt, and she holds a bachelor’s degree in urban and regional planning from Eastern Washington University.
• The University of Washington Department of Medicine presented Drs. George Novan and Matt Hollon with Richard M. Tucker Excellence in Teaching Awards. Both are faculty members of Internal Medicine Residency Spokane.
• Jim Allen has been named to Northwest Farm Credit Services’ management executive committee. He is senior vice president of Capital Markets and has been with the company 32 years.
• Municipal Research and Services Center of Washington has appointed Al French to its board of directors for a four-year term. French is a Spokane County Commissioner.
• Hon. Larry Boyle received the Idaho State Bar Association’s 2011 Distinguished Lawyer Award. Boyle is a federal magistrate judge in Boise.
• The American Legion Department of Idaho named Coeur d’Alene police detective Crystal Miller 2011 Police Office of the Year and Coeur d’Alene firefighter Scott Dietrich Paramedic of the Year.
• Duane Markley has been recognized for achievements in fishing gear manufacturing and distribution by Cambridge Who’s Who networking resource. Markley is president and CEO of Emmrod Fishing Gear Inc. in Coeur d’Alene.
Magner Sanborn has hired Jeff Akiyama to join the firm’s media planning team. He previously worked for Quisenberry Marketing and Design and studied broadcast production at Washington State University.
• Bill Gardner has been elected to serve as board chair on the Spokane County United Way Board of Directors. Gardner is regional vice president at Enterprise Holdings. The following individuals have been elected as new board members for three-year terms: Elaine Couture of Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center and Children’s Hospital and Providence Holy Family Hospital; Rob Crow of Lloyd Industries; Kristin Goff of Wendle Ford; Ozzie Knezovich, Spokane County Sheriff; Tina Morrison of Professional Musicians Union No. 105; Dorothy Webster of the City of Spokane; and Camerina Zorrozua of Maxey Law Office.
Keller Williams Realty Spokane has hired Morgan Bishop and Gavin Staeheli as new agents. Bishop previously worked for Prudential R.E. and Staeheli worked for Safeco Insurance.