Photos: P.M Jacoy’s, downtown fixture for more than century
P.M. Jacoy’s, a well-known seller of cigars, sporting-event tickets, magazines, books and the largest selection of out-of-town newspapers in Spokane, was opened in 1897 by Peter M. Jacoy. Originally named the Washington Cigar Store, it was located at 228 N. Washington St. Jacoy moved the store to 427 W. Sprague Ave. a few years later, and in 1904 relocated the business to its present location at the corner of Sprague and Washington. The name was changed to P.M. Jacoy Retail around 1930. Jacoy died in 1963.
On the Web: Compare present-day images of Spokane with historical scenes at spokesman.com/then-and-now
– Jesse Tinsley