Nation/World

Flaming dessert injures four

PALM HARBOR, Fla. – Fire officials say a bananas Foster dessert caught fire at a Florida restaurant and four people were burned, including a woman who had severe injuries.

Officials with Palm Harbor Fire Rescue say the 151-proof alcohol poured into the dessert ignited Saturday and splashed on four customers. A 25-year-old woman was taken to a hospital with first- and second-degree burns. A 56-year-old woman was taken to a hospital with respiratory burns. Two others were burned but refused treatment. The injuries happened at the Ozona Blue Grill in Palm Harbor, a Tampa suburb.



Click here to comment on this story »






Sections


Profile

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
Customer service:
(800) 338-8801
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Back to Spokesman Mobile