Where is Discover Pass valid?
Starting in July, Washington’s Discover Pass offers access to nearly 7 million acres of state recreation lands, including about 100 developed state parks.
The pass also is valid for Department of Natural Resources lands and Washington Fish and Wildlife lands – including 350 primitive recreation sites, including campgrounds and picnic areas, 700 water access points, 2,000 miles of designated water and land recreation trails, 80 natural areas and 30 wildlife areas.
Which vehicles need the pass?
• Motorized, street-licensed vehicles need a pass. People entering state lands by horse, bicycle, boat or other transportation do not.
What is the cost?
• Per vehicle: $30 a year or $10 a day if purchased in a state park
• An additional $2 dealer fee may be charged by other vendors.
• Online purchases include an additional 10 percent transaction fee, bringing the total cost for an annual Discover Pass to $35.
How is it purchased?
• In person at nearly 600 retail stores where state fishing
and hunting licenses are sold, or:
• Other businesses, including REI and Mountain Gear
• At some state parks
• When renewing a vehicle license, beginning in fall
• Online at discoverpass.wa.gov
• By phone, (866) 320-9933