Jared Sullinger had 20 points and 18 rebounds as No. 1 Ohio State (30-2) barely avoided a stunning upset, beating Northwestern (18-13) 67-61 in overtime Friday in the Big Ten tournament quarterfinals at Indianapolis.
(2) Kansas 90, Colorado 83: Marcus and Markieff Morris both scored 20 points, pulling the Jayhawks (31-2) out of an early deficit to lead them past the Buffaloes (21-13) in the Big 12 tournament semifinals at Kansas City, Mo.
(14) L’ville 83, (4) N. Dame 77 OT: Preston Knowles, despite playing the final 10 minutes of regulation and overtime with four fouls, scored 20 points to lead the Cardinals (25-8) to victory over the Fighting Irish (26-6) in the Big East tournament at New York.
(5) Duke 87, Maryland 71: Kyle Singler scored 29 points and the Blue Devils (28-4), after star guard Nolan Smith went down with a toe injury, beat the Terrapins (19-14) in the quarterfinals of the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament at Greensboro, N.C.
(6) UNC 61, Miami 59: Kendall Marshall found Tyler Zeller for a layup to beat the horn as the Tar Heels (25-6) rallied from 19 down in the second half to beat Miami (19-14) in the ACC quarterfinals at Greensboro, N.C.
(7) San Diego St. 74, UNLV 72: Kawhi Leonard led four Aztecs (31-2) in double figures with 18 points, as San Diego State edged the Rebels (24-8) in the Mountain West Conference semifinals at Las Vegas.
(8) BYU 87, New Mexico 76: Jimmer Fredette scored a career-high 52 points in the Cougars’ (30-3) win over the Lobos (21-12) in the Mountain West Conference semis at Las Vegas.
Michigan St. 74, (9) Purdue 56: Kalin Lucas scored a career-high 30 points to help the Spartans (19-13) rout the Boilermakers (25-7) in a Big Ten quarterfinal in Indianapolis.
(10) Texas 70, Texas A&M 58: Jordan Hamilton scored 17 points and the Longhorns (27-6) had four players in double figures while beating the Aggies (24-8) in the Big 12 semifinals at Kansas City, Mo.
(21) UConn 76, (11) Syracuse 71 (OT): Kemba Walker had 33 points and 12 rebounds and the Huskies (25-9) held off the Orange (26-7) in overtime in the Big East tournament at New York.
(12) Florida 85, Tennessee 74: Kenny Boynton scored 22 points and the Gators (25-6) beat the Volunteers (19-14) in the quarterfinals of the Southeastern Conference tournament at Atlanta.
Penn State 36, (13) Wisconsin 33: Talor Battle finished with a team-high nine points to lead the Nittany Lions (18-13) past the Badgers (23-8) at Indianapolis.
(15) Kentucky 75, Mississippi 66: Doron Lamb scored 19 points and Brandon Knight had 17 to lead the Wildcats (23-8) past the Rebels (20-13) in the Southeastern Conference tournament quarterfinals at Atlanta.
Dayton 68, (18) Xavier 67: Luke Fabrizius hit two free throws with 5.8 seconds to play and the Flyers (21-12) stunned the Musketeers (24-7) in the quarterfinals of the Atlantic 10 Conference tournament at Atlantic City, N.J.
(24) Temple 96, La Salle 76: Ramone Moore scored 23 points and Khalif Wyatt had 20 to lead the Owls (25-6) over the Explorers (15-18) in the quarterfinals of the Atlantic 10 Conference tournament at Atlantic City, N.J.