Arrow-right Camera

Party photos help identify shooting suspects

Three suspects have been arrested in connection with a shooting at a house party after Spokane County sheriff’s detectives used photos from a digital camera to identify witnesses.

The alleged shooter, 16-year-old Tarique R. Jeske, was hiding in the trunk of a car when his sister, Meghan L. Jeske, 22, and Francisco D. Mora, 23, attempted to flee detectives in the 15000 block of South Molter Road on Tuesday, according to a news release by sheriff’s Sgt. Dave Reagan.

Detectives believe Tarique Jeske shot a 23-year-old man during a drunken dispute between the victim and Meghan Jeske at a party at 16016 S. Molter Road in Rockford early Sunday.

The teen had retrieved a shotgun from a home in the 15000 block of South Molter, according to the sheriff’s office.

Everyone at the party is a member of the same gang, detectives said.

The victim, identified in court documents as Christopher M. Comer, was shot in the upper left thigh and suffered a cut to his head.

A woman who identified herself as his wife, Christina Pearson, called 911 about 1:39 a.m. and said her husband had been shot. Detectives say Pearson was bruised, bloody and uncooperative; they believe Tarique Jeske shot Comer in the leg as others beat Pearson.

Detectives obtained a search warrant for a home at 15005 S. Molter and stopped the suspects as they tried to drive off in a car.

A resident at the home told police a shotgun had been stolen about two weeks ago, Reagan said.

Tarique Jeske faces a first-degree assault charge in Spokane County Superior Court after juvenile court declined the case, Reagan said. He was listed as a missing person out of Hercules, Calif., a counselor at a group home there said Jeske was believed to be living with his sister in the Spokane area, according to court documents.

Meghan Jeske and Mora were booked into Spokane County Jail on misdemeanor counts of riot.

The elder Jeske is on probation after pleading guilty to first-degree rendering criminal assistance for a stabbing in February 2010.