Idaho

WSU student hospitalized after clothes catch fire

A Washington State University student was being treated today at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle after his clothes accidentally caught fire on Tuesday evening.

The accident occurred about 5:30 p.m. in Perham Hall dormitory, said Lt. Steve Hansen of the Pullman Fire Department.

The student was taken directly to Pullman-Moscow Airport and then airlifted to Seattle. Hansen said the student is expected to recover.

The cause of the fire was not immediately determined, Hansen said, adding that smoking is not allowed inside of residence halls. The accident was under investigation.



There are four comments on this story »






Sections


Profile

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
Customer service:
(800) 338-8801
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Back to Spokesman Mobile