Whitworth’s volleyball team clinched its second straight Northwest Conference championship on Friday night.
Twin sisters Kaimi and Ka’ipo Rocha combined for 25 kills as the Pirates whipped Lewis & Clark (13-12, 9-6) 25-18, 25-16, 25-14 at the Whitworth Fieldhouse in Spokane.
Kaimi Rocha had 13 kills and 12 digs and Ka’ipo Rocha added 12 digs. Bree Riddle handed out 38 assists for the Pirates (19-6, 14-2).
Next up for Whitworth is the NCAA Division III national tournament. The Pirates will learn on Monday who they will play.
• Washington State fell to No. 4 USC (19-4, 14-2) in a Pac-12 Conference match in Los Angeles, 25-21, 25-8, 25-16.
Rachel Todorovich had nine kills and Meagan Ganzer added seven for the Cougars (12-13, 4-11), who were dominated after the first set.
• Rachel Kidder had a match-high 19 kills as No. 1 UCLA (21-3, 14-2) swept Washington 28-26, 25-13, 28-26 in a Pac-12 match in Los Angeles.
Krista Vansant had 12 kills for the Huskies (18-5, 10-5).
• Brigitte Lowe led a balanced attack with nine kills and eight digs as Community Colleges of Spokane swept Blue Mountain (26-11, 10-3) in a NWAACC match at Spokane Falls CC.
Kate Hart added eight kills for the Sasquatch.
The Sasquatch (31-5, 12-1) will play at second-place Walla Walla on Wednesday in their regular-season finale.
The NWAACC championships will be held Nov. 17-19 in Gresham, Ore.
• Top-seeded North Idaho College swept No. 5 Snow in the Region 18 tournament semifinals to clinch the Cardinals’ second consecutive trip to the NJCAA tournament.
NIC (22-8) defeated the Badgers 26-24, 25-23, 25-17 to advance to the championship match against third-seeded Southern Idaho (20-10) today at 1 p.m. at NIC’s Christianson Gym. CSI outlasted No. 2 Salt Lake in five sets to secure a spot at nationals.
Earlier, Snow defeated No. 4 Eastern Utah 3-0 and CSI swept No. 6 Colorado Northwestern.
Yang Yang paced NIC with 10 kills and six blocks. Janele Vogt had eight kills and Mariah Smith added seven kills, four in the latter stages as the Cardinals held on to win the second set.
Conor McFadden scored less than 2 minutes into the match and San Diego shut down Gonzaga in a 2-0 West Coast Conference win in San Diego.
The Bulldogs (4-10-2, 2-6-1), who beat the Toreros (8-7-1, 5-3-1) 3-2 in double OT on Oct. 9, were outshot 19-8.
Idaho was eliminated from the Western Athletic Conference tournament after falling 1-0 to top-seeded Utah State in Fresno, Calif.
Kendra Pemberton’s 74th-minute goal was all the Aggies needed.
Idaho finished the season 8-11-3.
• North Idaho couldn’t capitalize in a 1-0 loss to Butler (Kan.) CC in a NJCAA District B semifinal playoff match in Hutchinson, Kan.
NIC saw its season end with a 14-2-1 record.
Allysa Howell made six saves for the Cardinals, who outshot BCC 14-10.
• Willamette (11-7-1, 10-4-1) scored two second-half goals and beat Whitworth 2-0 in a Northwest Conference finale in Salem, Ore.
The Pirates finished the regular season at 8-6-4 and 8-4-4.
C.J. Wilcox made five 3-pointers and finished with 19 points as Washington beat Seattle Pacific 77-60 in an exhibition game in Seattle.
Former Gonzaga player Andy Poling had 12 points for SPU.
Freshman Stacey Barr had 19 points and eight rebounds as Idaho beat Warner Pacific 70-45 in an exhibition game in Moscow, Idaho.