Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat @spokesman.com.
• North Idaho College has hired Mark Browning as vice president for community relations and marketing. He previously served as chief communications and legislative officer for the Idaho State Board of Education since 2007 and has extensive communication experience.
• Tim Sloniker has been hired as an electrical/automation engineer for H2E Incorporated in Liberty Lake. He previously worked as an automation specialist for UTEC Controls.
• Washington Trust Bank has hired Cindy Wendle as manager of the company’s Pullman branch. She holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Washington and has extensive experience in nonprofit and community event organization.
• Brad Stark has been authorized to use the certification marks CFP, Certified Financial Planner, by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards. Stark is a financial advisor at UBS Financial Services in Spokane.
• Spokane Teachers Credit Union promoted Marci Gannon from IT project manager to manager of project management. She has been with STCU for 11 years.
• Justine Denison has been promoted to training manager for STCU. She previously served as a learning design and facilitation specialist and has been with the credit union for 11 years.
• Spokane Teachers Credit Union promoted Ruth Staker from project manager to projects and branch operations manager. She has been with STCU for 23 years.
• Scott Spilker has earned a Certified Financial Planner designation from the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards. He is an associate with Asset Planning and Management Inc.
• Western States Insurance in Coeur d’Alene has hired Scott Peterson as a commercial lines producer. He previously worked for Aflac in Coeur d’Alene as a district sales coordinator and has extensive sales experience.
• Jarrett Stewart has been hired by Moloney + O’Neill as a sales executive for the company’s Commercial Insurance Division. He holds a degree from Washington State University.
• Moloney + O’Neill hired Kristin Noe-Dombrowik as a commercial insurance account manager. She has 15 years of commercial insurance experience and is a graduate of Gonzaga University.
• Vanessa Lyman has been hired as a commercial insurance rating technician for Moloney + O’Neill. She is a graduate of Eastern Washington University.
• Clearwater Paper Corporation has named Linda Massman president and CEO. She has served as chief financial officer for the company since 2008.
• Larry Radford has been hired by Hecla Mining Company in Coeur d’Alene as vice president of operations. He has more than 30 years of mining industry experience and previously served as regional vice president of South American operations for Kinross Gold Corporation. He holds a bachelor’s degree in mining engineering from the University of Idaho and a master’s degree in business administration from the University of Alaska-Fairbanks.
• Empire Aerospace appointed Jim Culora as general manager. He has worked for Empire Airlines since April 2006 and has 28 years of aviation experience.
• Kim Ferraro has been appointed executive director of the West Central Community Center. She previously served as owner and publisher of Tidbits of Spokane County. She holds a master’s degree in organizational management and has held executive positions with numerous nonprofit organizations in Los Angeles.
• Spokane Transit Authority has hired Lynda Warren as director of finance. She previously served as chief financial officer and vice president of college services for Rogue Community College in southern Oregon for 10 years. She holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in finance from the University of Illinois.