1. During a GOP presidential debate, Texas Gov. Rick Perry had trouble remembering one of the federal agencies he’d close if elected. Which one did he forget?
A. Department of Education
B. Department of Commerce
C. Environmental Protection Agency
D. Department of Energy
E. Federal Reserve
2. A Russian space probe malfunctioned and may crash back to Earth. Where was the probe supposed to go?
A. The moon
B. A moon of Mars
C. A moon of Jupiter
D. A moon of Saturn
E. A moon of Neptune
3. Another Spokane mayor will not serve more than one term in office. The last time Spokane voters re-elected an incumbent mayor was:
E. Can’t fool me, no one has ever served more than one term as mayor of Spokane
4. Recent studies of a mastodon bone found near Sequim help prove:
A. That mastodons went extinct after an asteroid struck earth
B. That mastodons could be cloned using elephant embryos
C. That mastodons were hunted by human beings in North America
D. That mastodons were more closely related to woolly mammoths than first thought
E. Can’t fool me. No one studies mastodons
5. The movie “The Big Year,” which has some scenes shot in the Pacific Northwest, involves what popular activity?
A. Bird watching
B. Downhill skiing
C. College basketball
D. High school football
Check your work by turning to page B3.