Students hope to Fill the Bus with food donations
For the seventh year, students in the Central Valley School District will participate in the Fill the Bus challenge in locations around Spokane Valley.
Nearly 100 students are expected to collect food donations at area grocery stores Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Last year, they collected $2,406 in cash, 11,831 pounds of food and 131 frozen turkeys. They hope to collect even more this year.
They are looking for donations of turkeys, canned and dry packaged gravy, stuffing, canned vegetables, tomato products, soups and peanut butter.
The donations will benefit Spokane Valley Partners Food Bank.
• Students from Bowdish Middle School will be stationed at Fred Meyer, 15609 E. Sprague Ave.
• Evergreen Middle School students will be at Safeway, 14020 E. Sprague Ave.
• Greenacres Middle School students will be at Safeway, 1233 N. Liberty Lake Road.
• Horizon Middle School will be at Albertsons, 13606 E. 32nd Ave.
• North Pines Middle School students will be at Trading Co., 13014 E. Sprague Ave.
High school students, staff members and community volunteers are needed to unload the buses at the end of the day. For more information, call (509) 927-1153.