Holiday brings special meals, services
As the Thanksgiving holiday approaches, some Spokane Valley churches are planning special services or meals to celebrate the day.
• Zion Lutheran Church will hold a Thanksgiving eve service at 7 p.m. Wednesday. Those attending are encouraged to bring a pie for a dessert potluck following the service. People are also asked to bring a food donation for the food bank. The church is at 8304 E. Buckeye Ave.
• Advent Lutheran Church will host this year’s Tri-Parish Thanksgiving service and dinner with the congregations of St. Mary’s Catholic Church and the Episcopal Church of the Resurrection. The event will begin at 4:30 p.m. Sunday. Donations of canned goods will be collected for the food bank. Advent Lutheran is at 13009 E. Broadway Ave.
• A Thanksgiving potluck meal will be held after the 10:30 a.m. worship service Sunday at Opportunity Christian Church, 708 N. Pines Road. The choir is hosting the meal and will provide turkey, dressing, gravy, rolls and drinks. Those attending are asked to bring a side dish or dessert to share.
• Greenacres Christian Church will host a “Soup Supper Singspiration” at 5 p.m. Sunday. The church is at 18010 E. Mission Ave.
• Millwood Presbyterian Church will present “The Colors of Fall: Impressionist Masterpieces for the Classic Guitar” at 4 p.m. Sunday as part of its Music in Millwood concert series. The concert will feature guitarist Paul Grove.
Admission is free, and those attending are asked to bring a food item for the food bank. The church is at 3223 N. Marguerite Road.