That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers to this week’s quiz.
1. D. Keith Wells was executed Jan. 6, 1994. Before that, Idaho last executed a prisoner in 1957. Idaho reinstated the death penalty in 1973 after a U.S. Supreme Court case struck down all death penalty statutes in 1972. Rhoades killed his three victims in 1987. And, 2009 was when firing squad was removed as a method of execution in Idaho.
2. C. One bullet struck and cracked a window in the Yellow Oval Room. It was stopped by ballistic glass. A second struck the building, but officials haven’t revealed where.
3. B. Dan Dickau set the record twice – first in 2001 in a loss to Santa Clara, and again in 2002 in a win against Loyola Marymount.
4. E. Tom Harrison requested the medals several months before receiving them as a part of a military records request.
5. A. The president delayed visits to Australia to lobby for passage of his health care bill and in the wake of the Gulf oil spill.
On the Web: Try a longer, interactive test, with a chance to win lunch for two at the Davenport Hotel, at spokesman.com/newsquiz.
Last week’s winner: Valarie Rongey, of Spokane Valley.