Displays will be at Davenport Hotel, River Park Square
Spokane’s annual Christmas Tree Elegance will be twice as elegant this holiday season.
Elaborately decorated themed trees, with accompanying prize packages, will be raffled not only at the usual location, the Davenport Hotel, but also River Park Square.
There will be the typical 12 trees at the Davenport and another six at River Park Square. Prize packages include cash, trips, furniture and electronics.
Raffle tickets are $1 each. Proceeds benefit the Spokane Symphony.
A tree lighting ceremony will take place Sunday at 2 p.m. at River Park Square, 808 W. Main Ave. Raffle ticket sales and tree viewing will continue daily from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on the second and third floors until the raffle drawing Dec. 18 at 1 p.m.
The lighting ceremony at the Davenport, 10 S. Post St., will be Monday at 5:30 p.m. Ticket sales and tree viewing will continue on the mezzanine until the raffle drawing Dec. 10 at 9:30 p.m.
Other events at the Davenport include:
• Eckart and Friends, musical performance featuring the symphony’s music director, Eckart Preu: Monday, 6:30 p.m., Isabella Room, $10.
• Luncheon fashion shows: Nov. 30-Dec. 2, 11:15 a.m., Grand Pennington Ballroom ($50/person).
• Gala Dinner Dance (black tie optional): Dec. 2, 6 p.m., Grand Pennington Ballroom ($150/person).
• Caroling with the Chorale, holiday singalong with the Symphony Chorale for singers of all ages and talents: Dec. 4, rehearsal 1:30 p.m., public performance 3 p.m., buffet reception 4:15 p.m., Marie Antoinette Room; transportation to nursing homes and hospitals for caroling, 5 p.m. ($35/singers, includes buffet; $25/buffet only; $10 to attend performance).
• Holiday Hat Luncheon: Dec. 5, 11:30 a.m., Grand Pennington Ballroom, $25.
For reservations and information, call (509) 458-8733 or see www. spokanesymphonyassoc. org.