November 24, 2011 in City

Fire displaces couple, three cats

By The Spokesman-Review
 

A fire displaced a couple and their three cats this morning.

No one was hurt. But it “definitely had an impact on their Thanksgiving,” said Brian Schaeffer, Spokane Fire Department’s assistant chief.

The blaze at 814 W. 17th started on the second floor about 10:45 a.m., Schaeffer said. Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the home. The residents had already evacuated.

The damage was kept to the second floor, but the couple could not stay there.

Firefighters offered to take the couple to a fire station for a Thanksgiving meal, Schaeffer said. But they have friends and family in Spokane and they went to be with them.

Get stories like this in a free daily email


Please keep it civil. Don't post comments that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy. Read our forum standards and community guidelines.

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus