Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to email@example.com.
• Neva Crogan-Pomilla has been inducted as a fellow into the American Academy of Nursing. Crogan-Pomilla is a research professor at Washington State University’s College of Nursing.
• The Centers for Disease Control appointed Linda Ward to serve on its Clinical Laboratory Advisory Committee for a four-year term. Ward is a clinical associate professor for Washington State University’s College of Nursing.
• Kenneth Moore of Spokane received an Alumnus of the Year Award from the University of Arizona’s College of Optical Sciences. Moore earned a doctorate degree in 1991 from the university and is the chief technology officer of optical engineering for Radiant ZEMAX, LLC.
• DCI Engineers has hired Josh Comfort as a structural project manager. He holds a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Gonzaga University.
• Christopher Green has been hired by DCI Engineers as a structural project engineer. He holds a bachelor’s degree in engineering from Walla Walla University and previously worked for the Oregon Department of Transportation and for Indian Health Service.
• Ted Lane has relocated to Spokane from Phoenix for Wells Fargo Capital Finance. He serves as senior vice president and manager of treasury management and strategic initiatives.
• Alderwood Manor has hired Russell Traughber as executive director. He previously served as executive director of La Habra Convalescent Hospital in La Habra, Calif., and has 26 years of related experience.
• Rockwood Retirement Communities has hired Eowyn Sallis as marketing director. She has more than 15 years of senior housing and services industry experience.
• John Richards has been elected chair of Rockwood Retirement Communities’ Board of Trustees. He is a retired US Bank vice president and senior lending officer and has served on the board since 2007.
• Greater Spokane Incorporated has elected Tom Fritz as chairman of its board of trustees for 2011-2012. Fritz is CEO of Inland Northwest Health Services. Other officers include: chair-elect, Jeff Philipps of Rosauers Supermarkets; immediate past chair, Greg Bever of the Journal of Business; general counsel, Billy Symmes of Witherspoon Kelley; treasurer, Kurt Walsdorf of Bank of America; and president and CEO, Rich Hadley.
• Dan Cronin has been hired by Mullin, Cronin, Casey and Blair, P.S. as an associate. He graduated from the University of Washington Foster School of Business and Gonzaga University School of Law.
• K&L Gates LLP has hired Christian Lucky as a corporate partner for the firm’s Spokane office. He previously worked for Stoel Rives LLP.
• Clint Helvey has been hired as an agent for Keller Williams Realty Spokane. He previously worked as an estimator/project manager for a commercial specialty contractor.
• BIAS Software has hired Kory Woods as a web services programmer. He holds a degree in computer science/multimedia from Eastern Washington University and previously served as the webmaster for Uncle’s Games.
• Katie Felchin has been hired as an office manager for BIAS Software. She previously served as bookkeeper and co-owner of Black Tie Coffee.